Thursday, May 3, 2012

Scouring without the Scour



There are several reasons why I use Aunt Nee’s Citrus Cleaning Powder, the main one is because I can use it on my Calphalon cookware. I will spare you the three page “how to care for your Calphalon” instruction manual, (it's a page turner, let me tell you, yawwwwwnnnn) the short of it is, keep it out of the dishwasher and away from anything abrasive.

The second reason is that Aunt Nee’s is all natural, non-toxic and best of all leaves no film like some of the Comet, Ajax cleaners (sorry guys).

I thought I was in heaven with Aunt Nee’s then yesterday I found, drum roll please….. Crunchy Betty and The Great Grapefruit Scouring Scrub! I made it, I tested it, I got a second and third opinion on it and we agree, IT IS The Great Scouring Scrub. I left the Grapefruit out, because, well, I used Orange peels.

So here is what you do…

Gather the following:
3 Tablespoons Borax
5 Tablespoons Baking Soda
3 Tablespoons dried citrus peel (please make sure you grind it before you use it, makes a big difference)
You will also need a container to put it in. I re-purposed a plastic spice jar. It worked great for this because the top has a shaker screen. 



Mix it all together and pour it into your chosen container.




 


Next we tested it…
To use, sprinkle over the spot you want to clean, just like other dry cleaners, then wipe with a wet cloth. Easy, peasy.
 


There is a spot on the wall at work. It seems the cleaning crew can’t clean it. We have all tried and tired of trying.
These are the spots…
Do you see the spots? Why won’t they come off?


Oh look they did, so much so that I can’t get my auto-focus camera to focus on anything.




Then there’s the stubborn stain on the table. Everyone has just kind of accepted and embraced them as part of our happy team…. NOT.  My crew of three people, my “disinterested parties” who kept me from being blinded with delight, wondered if this scrub would work on the table.

It’s off now…. My disinterested parties and I could not believe it, so now we are all making Crunchy Betty’s The Great Grapefruit Orange Scouring Scrub.

Tonight is the BIG test drive in the family kitchen. I'll let you know how it goes. 

If you do decide to try it, come back and leave a comment on what you think. I would love to hear what you have to say. Or, if you have another recipe for this, please oh please send it to me!!!

Jennifer  

No comments:

Post a Comment