Friday, May 4, 2012

The Great Scouring Scrub – Part 2


I put The Great Scouring Scrub to the hardest test known to the Wild Poppy Farm ….. da da da dahhh cleaning the bird’s (a.k.a. Burdy) water bowl.
 
We have a morning dove in the house. Her water bowl usually gets cleaned out with CLR because that is the only thing we have found that will completely remove the ring left by the water. Twice a week we take it out and let it soak. It always bothers me that her bowl is cleaned with CLR. Just to be on the safe side, it gets triple washed and rinsed after the cleaning. I knew this would be the perfect test for The Great Scouring Scrub!

This is her bowl after 2 days of sitting in her cage. 
Nasty, right? Eeek. The water has eaten away at the porcelain and the sides are rough so every little pore is dirty. 
Gag me with a spoon!




 I sprinkled the Scouring Scrub on the sides. I knew it needed some water to activate the process so I misted it lightly with Linen Water (the homemade version which I will share on another post) and let it sit for a bit. 

 Actually I was going to let it sit for just a few minutes while I went outside to feed the dogs, buttt ... then I passed the tomato and pepper plants and HAD to stop to water them. Since Dutchess (our youngest but biggest dog) thinks the water hose is the best toy in the world, we played with the water for a while. Suddenly, I remembered what I went outside to do in the first place and promptly feed the dogs. On my way back up to the house, I found little gifts the dogs drug up; limbs, rocks, etc. Dogs are sweet like that! ha I had to pick those up and disposed of them. So, all in all, I guess the scrub sat on the bowl for about an hour.

I grabbed my handy-dandy-kitchen-sink-toothbrush scrubber and gave the bowl a light scrub. Rinsed it out and demanded (yeah, right) my husband to come look. That was tough because something good (in his opinion) was on the Military channel! Argh.
He agreed with me, some of the stain was still there, but we were both amazed on how much better it looked. Not having to worry about the chemicals hurting Burdy was the best part.

The finished product!


Here is my opinion: I am totally completely and utterly amazed at this stuff. It’s a keeper and my Bonami (but I will keep my Aunt Nee's as a backup)  will be replaced with The Great Scouring Scrub!!

No comments:

Post a Comment